I am very sad to report that Rob Selden, partner of Steve Siegel
(Director of Library and Archives, 92nd Street Y), passed away yesterday.
Rob and Steve were life partners for 29 years. Rob studied
architecture at Cooper Union and art history at Queens College. His
interesting career included positions in the classical music
management and publicity worlds, followed by a technology job at the
New York City Department of Environmental Protection. The last 15
years of his working life were with law firms as manager of technology.
Rob was diagnosed in late 2004 with Waldenstrom's Macroglobulinemia,
a rare form of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. He took on the challenge of
fighting his illness with the same intensity that he applied to his
numerous and varied interests.
The funeral will be at Plaza Jewish Community Chapel, 630 Amsterdam
Avenue at West 91st Street, at 1:00pm on Wednesday, July 16th. Burial
will be in New Jersey. Steve and Rob's family are arranging to
receive visitors on Wednesday and Thursday evenings. Please contact
me if you would like to have that information when it becomes available.
In sorrow,
Lynn
Lynn Feinman, Librarian
92nd Street Y