secure your collection by moving it out of any work going on
overhead.  Last year, when we were undergoing school building
renovations 2 floors above I was assured that the library would not
be affected in any way.  Being of a rather skepticall nature when it
comes to engineers, architects and school board members, I boxed up
all 20,000 books and moved out.  Guess what the mess looked like in
my (fortunately empty) library. In addition to dust and debris, there
was also water from heavy rains, and openings where they had to
rewire, etc.  There was some discuss about wrapping or covering up
the collection while the work was going on, but there was also no ac
during that period, so the materials would have suffered from the
heat of summer.

Good luck!

Marsha Lustigman
Librarian, Bialik High School
6500 Kildare Rd.
Montreal H4W 3B8
514-481-2736
www.bialikmtl.ca

Submissions for Ha-Safran, send to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]