A New Book From Nehora Press in Israel! This title is available via
Baker & Taylor, Ingram and bookstores.

A Tapestry for the Soul: The Introduction to the Zohar

"Yedidah Cohen has performed a wonderful service in making available
to an English-speaking audience this introduction to the Zohar by one
of the modern masters of Jewish mysticism, the late Rabbi Yehudah Lev
Ashlag. Read it and it will help open your eyes to the infinite
radiance that fills the world and the seeking soul. A life-changing work."

**Sir Jonathan Sacks, Chief Rabbi of Great Britain**

Kabbalah texts are challenging for the ordinary reader. But when an
interpreter or teacher interposes himself or herself between the text
and the reader, much of the experience is lost.

This book is a study guide to the "Introduction to the Zohar" by
Rabbi Yehudah Lev Ashlag. It is for the student of Kabbalah who wants
to learn directly from Rabbi Ashlag himself, without any
intermediary. It is for the student who wants to use Kabbalah as it
is meant to be used, as a tool to explore who we are, what are our
souls' deepest desires and how we can understand what we are here in
this life for.

Yedidah Cohen, translator and compiler of A Tapestry For The Soul has
taken Rabbi Ashlag's seminal work, the Introduction to the Zohar and
found a novel way of letting him teach his own material. By taking
relevant excerpts from Rabbi Ashlag's many writings and placing them
next to the paragraph being learned, the reader can now learn
directly from the Master himself.

Patiently unfolding the dynamics of Creation and expounding on the
spiritual principles that guide it, Rabbi Ashlag shows how the great
play of Divine light with its myriad vessels applies not only to the
higher realities, but to us, here and now, in our own lives.

  In A Tapestry For The Soul we examine what causes differences
between people and what pulls us together. We examine how reality
appears when viewed as a hologram and the consequent interconnection
of all life. We learn that parallel realities really do exist and are
a cause of hope and joy.

Recognizing that the purpose of learning the Kabbalah is for us to
grow in self-awareness and transform our ego-driven drives to those
of cooperation and harmony, Cohen has pointed out opportunities for
inner work throughout the text as journal writing or as topics for
study groups.

  Original Kabbalah calligraphic art by Avraham Loewenthal, an artist
who resides in the Galilee town of Safed, which saw the flowering of
the Kabbalah in the 16th century, and is now experiencing a modern
revival, provides the frontispiece and a further example of his art
is used as a mandala for contemplation between the chapters.

About the Author:

Rabbi Yehudah Lev Ashlag (1886-1955) opened the Kabbalah for our
generation by deciphering the code in which it had been hidden
throughout the centuries. His major work The Ladder is a twenty-one
volume commentary on the Zohar itself, and  he also wrote an
extensive commentary on the work of the 16th century Kabbalah sage,
Rabbi Isaac Luria (the "Ari"). He wrote many introductions to the
Kabbalah, of which the Introduction To The Zohar is the most widely known.

About the Compiler/Editor:

Yedidah Cohen, studied the work of Rabbi Ashlag with a pupil of Rabbi
Baruch Shalom Halevi Ashlag. She co-translated In the Shadow of the
Ladder: Introductions to the Kabbalah by Rabbi Yehudah lev Ashlag
with her late husband Mark Cohen. For the last ten years she has been
leading study groups on the work of Rabbi Ashlag, in both Hebrew and
English. The members of her groups come from all parts of the Jewish
spectrum, and she has introduced this work to young people as well.
For a long time she broadcast talks on the Kabbalah of Rabbi Ashlag
on Israel National Radio and she has also given seminars at the
Gifted Children's College in the School for Science and Technology at
Tel Hai, Kiryat Shmoneh in northern Israel.

Title: A Tapestry for the Soul: The Introduction to the Zohar by
Rabbi Yehudah Lev Ashlag - Explained using excerpts collated from his
other writings with suggestions for inner work.

Translation and Compilation: by Yedidah Cohen

Publisher: Nehora Press

Pub Date: March 2010

ISBN: 9789657222041, Soft cover Pages: 296 pages Price: $18.95

Stuart Schnee

Public Relations, Marketing & Sales

US Tel: 973-796-2753

Israel Tel: +972-54-790-9120