For a number of reasons, as some of you may know, I have been seeking
another position.  I recently applied for a public library opening in
an area where my husband and I, for health and other considerations,
would like to live (Florida).  However, the job description calls for
working on some evenings and weekends.

I know employers are not allowed to ask if a person cannot work on
certain days for religious reasons, but they can ask if the work
schedule is acceptable to the applicant.  Does anyone know how I can
answer this question without ruining my chances of obtaining the
position or having difficulties should I be hired for it or a similar
one?  (I know that an interviewee should never say that there are
days on which they cannot or will not work!)  I am not the type to
make demands or raise an issue, I simply want to do what I love.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.

Basya Karp, Librarian
Shulamith High School and Shulamith School For Girls
Brooklyn, New York
basya...@hotmail.com