Dear Safranim,

I'd like to thank everyone who arranged for the wonderful convention
in Seattle last week. I enjoyed meeting so many people and
participating in excellent sessions.

I know that many librarians from schools, synagogues and Jewish
community centers were unable to attend, and you were missed. But
please keep in mind that each of you is important to our
organization, and we welcome your participation.

I was privileged to be elected President of the SSC Division. Our
division is responsible, among other tasks, for the process of
Accreditation and for the well-known Sydney Taylor Book and
Manuscript awards. Our goals are to increase recognition of our
libraries and our profession among the institutions for which we
work, and to raise our standards in the areas of collection
development, management and programming. Continuing education is a
major thrust of our efforts.

I would like to invite anyone with ideas, suggestions or comments to
e-mail me. Your input is truly needed to make this a fully
representational group.

And please don't forget to visit the wiki which is chock-full of
information athttp://ajlwiki.pbworks.com/

--
Joyce Levine
Director of Library and Media Services