Debbie,

Please share your answers with the list.  If you of all people don't
know what to say, then this is obviously a major problem which he
probably shares with many other children.  I hope writers and
publishers take note.  I can think of a few titles you've probably
already considered:  Chanukkah Cat, About the B.nai Bagels, King of
Mulberry Street, The Boy from Seville.

What did this boy read or have read to him before he got to third
grade?  I fear that his problem may not be solved by librarians
alone, but I would want to talk with the parents and suggest they
examine their priorities and perhaps even reconsider their choice to
live iso far away from the Jewish community.

Susan Ellman, MLS
Milwaukee