First AJL Conference??

If you are planning to attend an AJL conference for the first time in
Montreal or you just want a refresher, I'm hosting a Newcomers
Session on Sunday, June 19 at 3:30 in the Hospitality Suite.

I am very much looking forward to attending many great sessions in
Montreal and would love to meet you!  We want you to get the most out
of your time in Montreal and our intention is to get you started at
this session.  I will tell about annual convention events, what to
expect, and highlight sessions according to your needs and
interests.  You will also hear about meetings and opportunities for
involvement in the Association.  Tips for using the AJL website and
resources will also be provided.

If you are new to the library world and/or Judaica, I strongly
encourage you to attend the Freshman Seminar, on Sunday from 12-2:30.
Then, be sure to check out the exhibits before coming up to the
hospitality suite to meet other Newcomers and come to our session at 3:30.

Following our session, you are invited to attend Mentor Mingle in
Huronie A at 4:30.  There you can meet seasoned colleagues, schmooze
and/or sign up to be paired with a mentor.

I would love to hear if you are planning to attend the Newcomer
Session and any specific questions you have now or topics you would
like covered.  You can email me at t...@earthlink.net

Thanks for joining us for the 46th International AJL Conference!

L'hitraot,
Toby Harris
National Conventions Co-Chair