Debbie Stern, AJL VP for Publications, dst...@rrc.edu
<%20dst...@rrc.edu>indicated in an earlier e-mail:

In fact, the question of discards came up recently on Hasafran. We posted a
summary of responses compiled by Robin Zeitz on the AJL Wiki at this link:
http://ajlwiki.pbworks.com/w/page/47355218/Weeding%20and%20Discarding%20Unwanted%20Materials%20for%20Jewish%20Synagogue%20and%20Center%20Libraries

Although some of the responses are specific for Boston-area libraries,
there are many suggestions pertinent to everyone. I will also send you a
separate email with a list that I always hand out to folks looking to
donate books.

I should note that for our small synagogue library, we have created wish
lists on amazon. com and request donations from these lists (Audiovisual,
Adult Books, Childrens' Books). Not surprisingly, individuals continue to
donate items and ignore our written and "publicized" policy of not
accepting items without previous consultation.

--
Robin