Fred,
I just finished revising the chapter on library policy for the revised edition
of the booklet HOW TO ORGANIZE A JEWISH LIBRARY.  I checked several libraries
policies.  A few of  them, in their policy for accepting book donation (used or
new)  mention that the librarian's  advance approval  is appreciated.  We asked
for a list, but, could not turn down boxes that landed at our door.
I recommend it for every library. For more suggestion please see AJL wiki on
our website.
Amalia.

Sent from my iPad