I wanted to see if there was interest in this group in developing a shared
collection of online resources for Jewish research and reading.  I know AJL
maintains the Bibliography Bank and some other sites, but none of these
meet the need I'd like to address.  I'm thinking of subject guides to
online resources - primarily free and available to all users - that we all
could use to assist our communities.

As an example, look at the guides I've started to create for my Temple
library at https://sites.google.com/site/tbeaptoslib/guides.

In the midst of doing this work, it occurred to me that I was probably
reinventing the wheel and this would be done better through a cooperative
effort.  My idea is to organize a series of generic subject guides that
would be relevant and useful to anyone anywhere.  Instead of dozens of us
researching, building and maintaining our own guides, there'd be one
centralized set of guides we'd build and maintain collectively.

I can think of a couple of ways to approach this.  This could happen under
the auspices of AJL - and perhaps "branded" as an AJL resource - or
privately by a group interested individuals.  From the technical side, it
could be as simple as setting up a generic website, with shared ownership
and permissions, that will allow us to create and edit the guides
collaboratively.  A more sophisticated arrangement - such as LibGuides -
would let us share components within a customized framework.

I'd be glad to discuss and explore this idea with AJL as a whole or
individually with anyone interested in taking this further,

Thank you,

Lee Jaffe
Temple Beth El, Aptos