Dear Friends,

When we advertised for a part time Librarian, few professionally trained
librarians would consider working with us, because budgetary considerations
meant few hours and other perks.  When we did hire two, sequentially, they each
left very quickly when offered jobs with more hours and a larger venue.  Each
of them was lovely and helpful in training volunteers.

We now have a wonderful lay  librarian, who has been with us 5 years, has
learned so much and is a whiz at the daily needs of computer stuff, works
beautifully with volunteers, and Is amazingly creative in both Library exhibits
and sharing resources with the congregation.  Plus, she reads widely and is so
helpful in our committee process of selecting books.  She loves being part of
the Library family and glad to work fewer hours as she has school age children.
 We rely on loyal volunteers to keep the Library going.

We are grateful to Ha Safran for much invaluable advice.  We also have hired
professional consultants and used university scholars as we both culled and
acquired books.
Our Temple Library is excellent and valued by congregants.

Janis Colton
Co-Chair Library Committee
Temple Sinai DC