"A Voice Called:Stories of Jewish Heroism", by Yossi Katz.  The author is a
long time teacher at Alexander Muss High School in Israel.  He based the
book on many of the stories he would tell to students.  It starts with
Theodore Herzl and covers both well known and unknown heroes of Israel.  It
came out in 2010 and is published by Gefen Publishing.

On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 9:54 PM, Dina Tanners <dina...@gmail.com> wrote:

> About eight or nine years ago a book came out about famous Jews. The
> people were divided by topic, so there was a section on biologists, for
> example.
>
> It was a good book and I want to give it to my grandson fir his birthday
> but I cannot remember the title. It is not either of the books Great Jewish
> Men  or Great Jewish Women as both sexes were included in the book and it
> had a much wider assortment of people.
>
> I am also looking for a book for upper elementary school about famous
> Israelis but gave not been successful in finding one.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Happy Thanksgiving!!
>
> Dina Tanners
> Seattle
>
> Sent from my iPhone
> __
> Messages and opinions expressed on Hasafran are those of the individual
> author
> and are not necessarily endorsed by the Association of Jewish Libraries
> (AJL)
> http://www.mail-archive.com/hasafran%40lists.service.ohio-
> state.edu/maillist.html
> Earlier Listserver: