From: Amy Turim via Hasafran
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2019 1:16 PM
To: HASAFRAN
Subject: [ha-Safran] the librarian's dilemma
Dear colleagues.

My problem is not unique, but I’m stumped and am reaching out for your
assistance for any who can help.

My library has good coverage of Sholom Aleichem: a few different “Best ofs” , a
Treasury, and many story collections.  MOST have never been borrowed, and I see
that the most recently checked out book was in 2007!  I serve a Reform Temple
community, including a religious school, and a pre-school. We are not an
archive – and I am generally clear-eyed about pulling books that are past their
prime in terms of interest. Clearly, it’s time to significantly cut back, but
WHICH ARE WORTH KEEPING?  I am no Aleichem aficionado, but I do feel a
responsibility to keep his name alive in the library by having one or two of
his works on the shelf.

Thank you for your help; I welcome any suggestions!

Amy Turim

Temple Emanuel

Kensington, MD

libr...@templeemanuelmd.org