To: Amalia Warshenbrot
From Yossi Galron <jgal...@gmail.com>
את תיבת הדואר שלי ולא מצאתי אותה. שלחי לפי הכתובת:
יוסי

From: Amalia Warshenbrot
Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2022 2:22 PM
To: Hasafran
Subject: The reason for warding the Fanny Goldstein Merit Award to Elliot
Gertel

I read with interest Emily Bergman’s article about Elliot Gertel in the last
issue of AJL News & Reviews (pages 2-3). Since I assume that it was a delayed
info to offer the reasons to award Elliot the Fanny Goldstein Merit Award
(2019), Allow me to add that the Fanny Goldstein Award, is a combination of two
previous awards to AJL members: one for contributions to Judaic librarianship,
which is listed in Emily’s article, and one to AJL.

I wish to list Elliot’s positions on the AJL Board and Council:

1. Secretary of the Board and Council from 2002-2004
2. RAS vice-president 2004-2006. In this position he chaired the Judaica
Bibliography and Reference Awards Committee.

 3. RAS president from 2006-2008. Presidents take an active role in planning a
conference. It is never an easy task.
All this in addition to more years than I can recall of acting as AJL liaison
to ALA. In this position, with compassion and diligence, he represented AJL
through many events and was fighting passionately to defeat the repeated
anti-Israel resolutions.

Thank you, Emily, for highlighting Elliot’s many journeys. How little most
members knew!

Amalia Warshenbrot, AJL past president

http://www.mail-archive.com/hasafran%40lists.osu.edu/maillist.html
Earlier Listserver: