Thank you, Emily, for the very nice article you wrote about my circuitous path
to Judaica librarianship and to a career as a librarian in general.  And
thank you, Amalia, for adding a note about my longtime activity and
positions in AJL, dating back some 32 years.

I was also delighted to read the interview with fellow AJL veteran, Peggy
Pearlstein, in the same issue of *AJL News and Reviews, *July | August 2022
(p. 5), "Who Knows Four? Peggy Pearlstein!"  What an honor to share space
in the digital pages of the bulletin with Peggy.  She was a great guide in
her position as R&S (now RAS) president during my time as vice-president of
R&S (2004-2006) when we served on the Judaica Reference and Bibliography
Awards Committee and then when I was RAS president (2006-2008).  I could
not have asked for a better mentor and role model.  Peggy is an
exemplary professional
and one of AJL's great human treasures!

Elliot

*Elliot H. Gertel*  *עלע־הערש גערטל / אליהו־צבי גרטל*
*Irving M. Hermelin Curator Emeritus of Judaica *
*The University of Michigan *
*Ann Arbor, Michigan *
*eger...@umich.edu* <eger...@umich.edu>