Happy Hanukkah:

I am getting rid of half of my Reform Synagogue Library.  The Library room
is needed for a Youth Lounge/Classroom/Meeting Room.  I have 1,500 adult
Judaica books to get rid of.  Most of the books were published pre ISBN. I
live in Southern California an hour from Los Angeles.  Where do I take them
to be donated or where can I sell them cheaply?  I am not necessarily
looking for payment, just a way not to have to put them in the dumpster.
They are sitting in a storage shed at the synagogue and the space is needed
for other things.  I have already tried the Jewish Federation of Orange
County and the one in Long Beach, the Jewish Community Center of Orange
County, and the one in Long Beach. Heritage Point Jewish Home for the Aged
in Orange County.  Lastly, the Jewish Studies Department at the University
of California in Irvine.  All of these locations have turned me down.

Michelle Sandler MLS
Librarian
Beth David
Westminster, California