Hi alex,

The only thing I can tell you is that I use Arrow a lot to map element of a
tuple, and that is really neat (took me a while though to get the signature
of the method and map to the instance defined).

Basically:
f *** g = \(a, b) -> (f a, g a)

Now that I got this one, I can see the more general abstraction and that
looks extremely powerful.

Hope that help!

Cheers

Alois

http://hackage.haskell.org/package/base-4.7.0.0/docs/Control-Arrow.html

On 12 September 2014 10:32, alex <a...@slab.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I had a great time at FARM last week, but felt like I missed an
> opportunity to ask a question at the end of my talk (paper available
> here: http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=2633647)..
>
> Haskell has been a really great host language for Tidal
> (http://yaxu.org/tidal). I've found Haskell's Applicative type and its
> syntax extremely useful, and ghc's string overloading hack helps with
> tersity.. As I'm entirely self-taught as far as Haskell and FP is
> concerned, I'm wondering if there's something I'm missing.. For
> example I read about arrows and lenses but don't have any grasp of
> what they are. Any advice for area of Haskell I could look into? I
> just have a feeling that there could be something lurking, just out of
> reach..
>
> cheers
>
> alex
>
> --