1) Lack of debugging support.  Yes there are print statements and trace,
but I would like to set a breakpoint.  It would be nice to do so and
launch the GHCi interpreter with all the variable context supported.  A
google search revealed that there is current work on this, but
unfortunately the package is in cabal, which has spotty support in
windows it seems.

You can find more info about this project in the Haskell wiki at:
http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Ghci/Debugger

All you'd need to do is to compile ghc-6.5 with a few patches (if you
are in Windows you can use MinGW). But I am afraid you are right, this
is a work in progress and we are in the process of polishing some
serious issues right now. I can't really recommend it for now.

Cheers
pepe