> (Even clean has a simple GUI. Is it that hard to
> provide a simple GUI like that to be installed by default?)

Why not provide two, that can be installed? Gtk2Hs and wxHaskell. You
can bundle them by default, or download them, the difference is
minimal.

In my humble opinion, in this context, GUI doesn't mean a library to
implement a GUI application. It rather means an interpreter/compiler that
provides graphical interface. Kaveh Shahbazian is a little bit wrong since
there are some implementation with graphic interface like Hugs. But since
Hugs is not a compiler but an interpreter, ones who are to develop a real
world application will hardly choose it. Unless we are making in some
specific fields e.g. a web application, we would often need to get a
compiled executable one. In this point of view, there is no Haskell
implementation with GUI environment for real world application development
yet. This may not matter a lot since we've got some alternatives like
Haskell in Eclipse, Haskell in Emacs, Visual Haskell, etc. But anyway I want
some GUI built in GHC/GHCi too.