Blast.. i didn't hit "reply all" so here's a forward of my mail to the
group...

--ryan
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ryan Dickie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Apr 16, 2007 4:24 PM
Subject: Re: [Haskell-cafe] Tutorial on Haskell
To: Simon Peyton-Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I can tell you what me and my colleagues would be interested in (though none
of us are actually going). We code a lot of math. You may call it scientific
computing. Haskell seems like a natural fit for the task.

In particular we are interested in:
1) the type system
2) concurrency (can these be set to run on a large system)
3) simple relation between what equations we write on paper, and what
equations we write in haskell.

I'm still a n00b to Haskell. For us languages like matlab, maple, etc. do
not fit the job very well and run too slowly. C/C++ is usually what i use
but it can be a pain. Python, etc... well its good for the glue i suppose.
Haskell might fit that niche.