Albert Y. C. Lai wrote:
Adrian Hey wrote:
Also, I don't know if the OP was a noob, but telling people (especially
noobs) that if they can't figure out how to solve a problem without
using a "global variable" then that must be down to inexperience and
general cluelessness on their part just seems wrong to me. It simply
isn't true.

Then what is right and what is true?

I see no need two answer this again I believe I have already made my
views perfectly clear already and provided ample evidence to justify
them. Surely I don't need to do it again?

If you disagree with any of them then feel free to explain why.

Regards
--
Adrian Hey