OK, just to prevent this getting side-tracked: I'm absolutely
uninterested in the results of performActionA before determining if
performActionB is permitted/possible/whatever.  Think more in terms of
security permissions or resource availability/claiming than in terms of
chaining results.  I want to know before I begin to collect the results
of performAction* that I will actually stand a chance at getting results
at all.

On Mon, 2007-25-06 at 10:58 +0200, peterv wrote:

> I'm baffled. So using the Arrow abstraction (which I don't know yet) would
> solve this problem? How can (perfectActionB x) be checked with without ever
> executing performActionA which evaluates to x? This can only be done when x
> is a constant expression no?

Michael T. Richter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (GoogleTalk:
[EMAIL PROTECTED])
I'm not schooled in the science of human factors, but I suspect surprise
is not an element of a robust user interface. (Chip Rosenthal)