2007/6/25, Michael T. Richter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

 OK, just to prevent this getting side-tracked: I'm absolutely
uninterested in the results of performActionA before determining if
performActionB is permitted/possible/whatever.  Think more in terms of
security permissions or resource availability/claiming than in terms of
chaining results.  I want to know before I begin to collect the results of
performAction* that I will actually stand a chance at getting results at
all.

Uh, the posts you quote were precisely about how to do that. No
side-tracking going on. :-)

All the best,
- Benja