Thomas Davie wrote:
But the point is that this section of the site is the bit that's meant to be an advertisement -- we're trying to encourage people to read more, and quite frankly, making it a fist full of links would make at least me think "Well bugger this if I have to read 10 pages before I even have a clue what it is".

Mmm, the man has a point...

I guess it's kinda hard to explain in just a few words why Haskell is actually so damn cool. I mean, you can write "it enables you to write less code". (Ever heard that one before?) Or you could say "it makes your programs more reliable" (er, yes, I believe we've heard that all before too). Or even, "it enables you to easily harness multicore computing" (except that it isn't true - yet). Hmm... so we seem to have a choice between verbose statements that nobody is going to read, or hopeful promises of "better" which we can't substansiate. Oh dear...