From: D. Gregor [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 30 March 2008 07:58
To: Simon Peyton-Jones
Subject: Haskell

Hello,

In your most humble opinion, what's the difference between Haskell and
Scheme?  What does Haskell achieve that Scheme does not?  Is the choice less
to do with the language, and more to do with the compiler?  Haskell is a
pure functional programming language; whereas Scheme is a functional
language, does the word "pure" set Haskell that much apart from Scheme?  I
enjoy Haskell.  I enjoy reading your papers on parallelism using Haskell.
How can one answer the question--why choose Haskell over Scheme?

Regards,

Douglas