On 2008 Aug 3, at 1:17, Trent W. Buck wrote:

"Neil Mitchell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
The darcs 2.0 announcement read like an obituary

I don't know why, but a lot of people I spoke to seemed to have that
impression, and I essentially had to wave changelogs under their face to

That would be this part in particular:
Unfortunately, it is also a rather labor-intensive process, and due to a lack of contributors, we've moving to a more streamlined process. Starting with the darcs 2.0.0 release, there will be just one central branch of darcs and only one maintainer: for now this is me, David Roundy. Moreover, I will be attempting to act as a much lower-profile maintainer than we've had previously. I will not be reading bug reports, reading the darcs-users email list or even the darcs-devel mailing list. I will only be reviewing patches that are contributed.

Which is pretty much saying "darcs 2 has moved to maintenance mode". And this:
Darcs 2.0.0 contains some performance regressions when running with large repositories. It is possible that these regressions will be sufficient to prevent its effective use in some projects. If this describes your project--and the only way to know is to try it--then I recommend considering either switching to a different revision control system, or helping us to improve darcs. The former is certainly the easier path.
didn't help. All in all, it sounded an awful lot like "here's our final release, find new maintainers if you want it to continue" --- followed by an ominous silence from the darcs camp.

(Hm, I feel a blog rant coming on.)

--
brandon s. allbery [solaris,freebsd,perl,pugs,haskell] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] [EMAIL PROTECTED]