On Sep 24, 2008, at 13:44 , Bulat Ziganshin wrote:

(note how he keeps trying to run
dons out of the discussion because he has proof to the contrary).

Don os free to present such examples. unfortunately all examples i've
seen was due to use of slow C code which easily can be made faster. in
particular, shootout can't be considered as representative benchmark

"I reserve the right to disallow any actual evidence for any reason I can come up with, including amorphous and vacuous ones" (you can almost always write something faster, but with how much effort?)

Thanks, I get enough of that from the government here.

--
brandon s. allbery [solaris,freebsd,perl,pugs,haskell] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] [EMAIL PROTECTED]