Magicloud wrote:
1. I cannot install ghc-6.8.3 in my box until I found the old runable binary. 2. After I installed cabal, and upgraded, ghc-6.8.3 cannot rebuild itself. Because its libraries are conflict with the ones upgraded by cabal. 3. Sometimes, ghc just ignore some libs, because it does not meet its dependencies. Well, ghc does not even tell me. It knows what I want? 4. I use cabal, thinking it would make dependencies installation easier for me. Well it does not, once an error happened, nothing would work since. I cannot even remove the broken lib. 5. No more needed. The above ones, which are important enough to drive me crazy.

Hi there - thanks for the feedback, although there's not much we can do unless you provide complete details about what went wrong, so that we can figure out whether you're reporting new bugs or known issues.

It would be more useful if you could take even just one of those issues and report it properly via the GHC or Cabal bug trackers. Give enough information that we can reproduce the problem and improve the tools.

Instructions for reporting bugs in GHC are here:

http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/ReportABug

Cabal Trac is here:

http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/

Cheers,