On 2009 Jan 5, at 13:57, David Menendez wrote:
2009/1/5 Ross Mellgren <rmm-hask...@z.odi.ac>:
If for some reason you absolutely need to avoid parentheses (mostly as a
thought exercise, I guess), you'd have to have a flipped version of
intercalate:

Or a version of ($) that associates differently.

infixl 0 $$

f $$ x = f x

*Main Data.ByteString> :t \x y z -> intercalate $$ intercalate x y $ $ z
\x y z -> intercalate $$ intercalate x y $$ z :: ByteString
                                                -> [ByteString]
                                                -> [ByteString]
                                                -> ByteString

...at which point we're reinventing Applicative, no?

--
brandon s. allbery [solaris,freebsd,perl,pugs,haskell] allb...@kf8nh.com
system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allb...@ece.cmu.edu