Hi,

Although it seems to be overkill for a single module - How about a cabalized version on Hackage and a darcs repository? It would simplify using and updating it.

I am not sure whether this would be a good idea. The original version makes a lot of suggestions which are not satisfiable but it is not at all trivial to decide which are satisfiable and which are not. I have rewritten StrictCheck from scratch to overcome this problem. But the current implementation is not presentable right now and I have no formal prove that the criterion that I am using is correct.

Your StrictCheck is really tough! I'm currently checking my routines from http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/utility-ht/0.0.1/doc/ html/Data-List-HT.html which I designed especially with laziness in mind - and I found a lot of laziness breakers using StrictCheck!

However now I found an example where it probably proposes something inefficient:

So what it proposes is essentially that one should first check the length of the lists without looking at the contents. [undefined,undefined] can never be a prefix of [undefined]. However, first constructing the list spine seems to be inefficient.

I know about this problem. It is mentioned in the paper about StrictCheck. I haven't worked on this right now. With respect to least-strictness I would say the tool is right. But it is probably not the kind of advise one wants. When I am sure that I can handle the other problem I will take a look at this one.

Cheers, Jan