Nicolas Pouillard wrote:
Excerpts from Matti Niemenmaa's message of Sun Jan 18 19:47:46 +0100 2009:
   3. Coadjute keeps track of command line arguments (see docs for
      details): for me this is really a killer feature, I don't know of
      anything else which does this.

ocamlbuild does this.

   4. hake always uses timestamps, Coadjute can use MD5 hashes as well.
   5. Coadjute can have arbitrary path specifications, hake's rules seem
      to be based on file extensions only, thus applying only to the
      current directory. Peter Miller's "Recursive Make Considered
      Harmful" comes to mind: http://miller.emu.id.au/pmiller/books/rmch/

[...]

Moreover, it seems that Coadjute and ocamlbuild share a fair number of design
choices, maybe having a look at it could be fruitful.

Thanks, I hadn't heard of that one. It seems to be somewhat oriented towards OCaml but I'll take a look.