On Apr 5, 2009, at 9:33 AM, Henning Thielemann wrote:

On Sun, 5 Apr 2009, Kalman Noel wrote:

Henning Thielemann schrieb:
with advanced type classes:
http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/numeric-prelude/0.0.5/doc/html/MathObj-PowerSeries.html

I'll take this as another opportunity to point out that the Haddock docs of the Numeric Prelude are highly unreadable, due to all qualified class
and type names appearing as just C or T.

It's Haddock's fault. :-) I have written a Trac ticket, but trac.haskell.org does currently not respond.

I may be treading in murky waters here, but I do think a large part of the problem is that the Numeric Prelude has chosen to use ML naming conventions (which refer to types in a module as T, etc.) when you're writing a Haskell program. Surely if the types, classes, and so forth were given evocative names, numeric prelude programs would become readable? And as a special bonus, though it may offend your sensibilities, numeric prelude programs might be able to use unqualified import in certain circumstances?

-Jan-Willem Maessen
 [For each language, its own idiom!]