Bulat Ziganshin wrote:
Hello Kim-Ee,

Sunday, June 28, 2009, 11:52:57 PM, you wrote:

we already had a *long* discussion on this topic. afaik, it's dichotomy
between type of term itself and type of position where it's used (f.e.
argument of some function)

Could you suggest a better word pair to describe the dichotomy then?
How about 'calculated' vs 'user-imposed' (or even, 'explicitly-
signatured')?

How about "'Int' used in '()'-shaped hole"?
"'Int' from usage, '()' from definition of  'foo' could not be reconciled"?

Arne D Halvorsen

Dan Piponi-2 wrote:
I really dislike this error message, and I think the terms are
ambiguous. I think the words 'expected' and 'inferred' apply equally
well to the term, and the context in which it has been found. Both of
the incompatible types were 'inferred', and 'unexpected' is a property
of the combination, not a property of one or the other.
--
Dan

On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 8:24 AM, Martijn van