On Wed, 9 Sep 2009, Lewis-Sandy, Darrell wrote:

Windows Vista, Ubuntu 9.04 32-bit, Ubuntu 64 bit, etc). I have a windows file share that is accessible to all the machines, and has been permanently mounted as a CIFS share on the Linux machines.

I have built darcs 2.3 on the Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty) 32 bit box and am able to execute darcs commands against any local folders, but am consistently getting an error message when I try to push or put to the NFS:

darcs: ./_darcs/tentative_pristine-0:rename: already exists (File exists)

At a guess, Windows filesystem semantics are causing trouble here and darcs doesn't know to work around them. There's some code in src/Workaround.hs that sets up a custom renameFile function on Windows - try changing that so that it's unconditionally enabled?

Following up on darcs-users would be best though you might need to subscribe.

Cheers,

Ganesh