On Oct 9, 2009, at 10:07 AM, Duncan Coutts wrote:
On Thu, 2009-10-08 at 09:43 -0600, John A. De Goes wrote:
Here's a list of libraries that are quite significant to commercial
software development in 2009,

For the kinds of applications that you would like to build.

The vast majority of applications being built today are web apps.

Certainly having more libs enables more apps and that stuff would enable
your applications. Fortunately it's not an all-or-nothing thing. There
are plenty of applications we can do now. For the commercial software
I've developed in Haskell, all the libraries I've needed were available
and sufficiently mature: decent data structures, binary serialisation,
fast random numbers, date/time handling, GUI lib.

Sure, there are applications that Haskell is a good fit for. See my other message on the subject.

Regards,

John A. De Goes
N-Brain, Inc.
The Evolution of Collaboration