On Nov 4, 2009, at 9:56 PM, Martin DeMello wrote [about Clean]:
And a well-integrated GUI toolkit. If it weren't for the Windows bias
I'd have definitely taken the time to learn the language.

The GUI toolkit was originally available on the Mac.
But now, ah, now!
"The Object I/O Library 1.2 is currently
 only available for the Wintel platform. "

The last time I tried Clean on a SPARC, using even the old
GUI toolkit required you to locate and install a graphics
library (XView) that Sun abandoned a _long_ time ago.

They have some _really_ interesting ideas about building web sites
using generics.

I paid for the Intel C compiler.  I'd pay for Clean, if only I
_could_ use it.