Martin DeMello wrote:
On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 10:34 AM, Richard O'Keefe <o...@cs.otago.ac.nz> wrote:
(4) It comes with its own IDE.  I don't think it can do anything much that
   Haskell tools can't do, but if you don't like looking for things, it's
   a help.

And a well-integrated GUI toolkit. If it weren't for the Windows bias
I'd have definitely taken the time to learn the language.

I'm dissapointed that Haskell doesn't have *more* of a Windows bias. It _is_ the platform used by 90% of the desktop computers, after all. (As unfortunate as that undeniably is...)

In particular, I really wish we could make is so that stuff from Hackage actually compiles on Windows. (Disclaimer: Stuff written in Haskell compiles just fine. It's FFI bindings that unanimously refuse to compile.) It's also somewhat irritating that the I/O libraries have a few quirks apparently related to mingw32. But hey, that one at least should be fixable...