On 12/02/2010, at 12:40, Don Stewart wrote:

> rl:
>> On 11/02/2010, at 05:03, Bryan O'Sullivan wrote:
>>
>>> I'm thinking of switching the statistics library over to using vector.
>>> uvector is pretty bit-rotted in comparison to vector at this point, and
>>> it's really seeing no development, while vector is The Shiny Future. Roman,
>>> would you call the vector library good enough to use in production at the
>>> moment?
>>
>> Yes, with the caveat that I haven't really used it in production code
>> (I have tested and benchmarked it, though). BTW, I'll release version
>> 0.5 as soon as get a code.haskell.org account and move the repo there.
>>

> That's the main problem. I think we could move to vector as a whole, if
> the suite of testing/ performance/documentation stuff from uvector was ported.

Hmm, I'm not sure what you mean here. Mostly thanks to Max Bolingbroke's
efforts, vector has a fairly extensive testsuite. I benchmark it a lot (with
NoSlow) and haven't found any significant performance problems in a while. As
to documentation, there are comments for most of the functions :-)

Roman