On 27.10.2010 13:16, Andy Stewart wrote:
Christopher Done<chrisd...@googlemail.com>  writes:

On 27 October 2010 10:13, Dmitry V'yal<akam...@gmail.com>  wrote:
While ago I had a question about opening the url in the default browser from
haskell program. I didn't get any immediate answers so I wrote my own
solution. On Linux it uses xdg-open and on Windows - ShellExecute Api.

Does it deserve to be a hackage package?

If it's not in an existing small library, yes. If I have to have a
dependency on gtk2hs just to do that, I'd rather have a small library.
Does it work on OS X? If not, I'm sure someone would submit a patch
for that. This can also be used for opening the file browser and such,
right?
It's APIs in GIO library (a sub-library in gtk2hs), you just need depend
on GIO don't need depend any other library.

Dmitry, it's unnecessary since GIO can do better with same experience
both Windows and Linux, don't need any external program help.
Infact, GIO not just call default browser for url, it can call any
program to open any format.

Ok then. I'll wait for it.
I hope binary package for Windows would be provided too. Currently I can't figure out how build gtk2hs there.