Hi Phil,

On 22/01/11 14:07, gutti wrote:

Dear Haskellers,

I'm looking for Vector and especially Matric interpolation ala:

     z = interp2 (xMatrix, yMatrix, zMatrix, x, y)

    - x and y can be single values or also vectors or matrices
    - indeally with the options nearest, linear, quadratic, qubic..

Any hope that there is something similar especially using the HMatrix
matrices (Matrix Double). - If I have to code it any suggestions ?

Cheers Phil

I'm not sure if this is what you mean, as I'm not familiar with matlab, so apologies if this is totally a waste of time.. But I had a simple cubic interpolation implemented already, it wasn't too hard to lift it into matrices (there are many elevation permutations, I imagine), I used (fromLists ...stuff... toLists), but maybe there's a better way:

{-# LANGUAGE NoMonomorphismRestriction #-}
module Interpolate where

import Numeric.LinearAlgebra
import Data.List (zipWith5)

-- cubic interpolation
cubic t a b c d =
  let a1 = 0.5 * (c - a)
      a2 = a - 2.5 * b + 2.0 * c - 0.5 * d
      a3 = 0.5 * (d - a) + 1.5 * (b - c)
  in  ((a3 * t + a2) * t + a1) * t + b

-- boring manual lifting
liftMatrix5 f a b c d e =
  let la = toLists a
      lb = toLists b
      lc = toLists c
      ld = toLists d
      le = toLists e
  in  fromLists (zipWith5 (zipWith5 f) la lb lc ld le)

-- test
mt = (3><3) [0, 0.1 ..]
ma = (3><3) [0, 1 ..]
mb = (3><3) [0, 2 ..]