On 5/20/11 8:35 AM, Jeremy O'Donoghue wrote:
I would like to suggest, quite seriously, that the Haskell community try to come to a consensus about supporting a single Haskell GUI, with a view to distribution in the HP. Obviously my vote is for wxHaskell, but I'm quite prepared to loose the vote. Reason is that I think we need to concentrate some effort on getting one GUI binding to 'production' status, and I don't believe that on the current basis we will ever do this. From my perspective, only GtkHS and wxHaskell look like serious candidates with at least some history and maturity behind them.

If you are going to rule out Qt, then the only good cross-platform option remaining is wx since Gtk is not fully native on OSX but instead uses X11 which results in an inferior user experience, and it would be a bad idea to have that be the standard that everyone associates with applications written in Haskell.

Cheers,
Greg