Valentines day seems the perfect opportunity to announce the
release of a new implementation of Haskell called:

     ___    ___   ___    ___   __________   __________
    /  /   /  /  /  /   /  /  /  _______/  /  _______/  Version 1.0
   /  /___/  /  /  /   /  /  /  / _____   /  /______
  /  ____   /  /  /   /  /  /  / /_   /  /______   /    Copyright (c)
 /  /   /  /  /  /___/  /  /  /___/  /  _______/  /     Mark P Jones
/__/   /__/  /_________/  /_________/  /_________/      1994

 The Haskell User's Gofer System.   Derived from Gofer 2.30b.

As the name suggests, Hugs is an implementation of the functional
programming language Haskell with an interactive development environment
much like that of Gofer. Almost all of the features of Haskell 1.2 are
implemented with the exception of the module system (like Gofer, module
headers and import declarations are parsed, but are otherwise ignored).
For example, Hugs supports Haskell style type classes, a full prelude,
derived instances, defaults, overloaded numeric literals and pattern
matching, and bignum arithmetic.

   Further information about Hugs, including the main distribution,
   is available on the World Wide Web from:

      http://www.cs.nott.ac.uk/Department/Staff/mpj/hugs.html

   Alternatively, you can obtain a copy of the distribution by
   anonymous ftp from

      ftp://ftp.cs.nott.ac.uk/pub/haskell/hugs.

Your feedback, comments, suggestions and bug reports are most welcome!
However, this is a very busy time for me and I will almost certainly be
unable to respond quickly to messages about Hugs or Gofer during the next
month or two.

Mark P. Jones, [EMAIL PROTECTED]