On Wed, 1 Apr 1998, Alastair Reid wrote:
> 1.3c doesn't include the extensions we added here at Yale:
> qualified modules, GreenCard support, more standard libraries, etc.
> We were already in the middle of a huge set of changes when 1.3c
> arrived - so it'll be a wee while before we can release a merged
> system.

Not having written a compiler before, this may be an ignorant question,
but how come you write these Haskell compilers/interpreters in C/C++
rather than bootstrapping from prior versions of Haskell itself?

-Alex-

S. Alexander Jacobson                   i2x Media
1-212-697-0184 voice                    1-212-697-1427 fax