[It's been moderated since '94. Spam & posts that are clearly system
 specific (e.g., "my program fails to compile,{hugs,{g,n,h}{h,b}c}-<wurble>
 needs the Flarp library - where can I find a copy of it?") are not
 relayed - do you want them to? It's up to the list corpus to decide
 whether it should be moderated or not, I'd be happy to turn off the
 moderation flag.

 -moderator (sof@dcs)]

| [System specific postings aren't normally relayed onto the haskell
|  list, but made an exception here since it discusses general
|  (Standard) Haskell features. -moderator]

[I didn't realize that this had become a moderated list ... perhaps
this message will be moderated out of existence!]

Surely messages about specific Haskell implementations are of potential
interest to the majority of readers on the Haskell mailing list?  Are
you saying that messages about some cool new feature in nhc, or some
puzzling results obtained using Hugs, or some new observation about
the ghc environment are not suitable for the Haskell mailing list?
I don't want to have to subscribe to four or more system specific
mailing lists just to keep up with happenings in the Haskell world!

All the best,
Mark