> > In the Libraries: state of play document, the sixth point is
> > about Int:
> > 1. There are other library functions in a similar vein to
> > take and drop, such as splitAt, !!, elemIndex, findIndex;
> > I take it that these are also covered.
>
> I hope so

When we discussed this before I appealed for someone to try it out and
report on the results:
* What slowdowns (?speedups) can be expected in practice using Integer
  rather than Int?
* Do existing programs break wildly with this more general type, or
  do they work just as before? Or do they still work but now produce
  different answers than before.

Please can someone who feels strongly that we should make these changes
perform some experiements and report the results.

John.