...(continued)...

Sorry, I forgot to include my references:

[1]

@InProceedings{oka95b,
  author =       "Chris Okasaki",
  title =        "Purely functional random-access lists",
  pages =        "86--95",
  booktitle =    "Conference Record of FPCA '95",
  year =         1995,
  publisher =    "ACM Press",
  month =        jun
}

An early paper on Auburn based on queues:

[2]

@InProceedings{mos97,
  author =       {Graeme E. Moss and Colin Runciman},
  title =        {Auburn: A Kit for Benchmarking Functional Data Structures},
  booktitle =    {Proceedings of IFL'97},
  volume =       1467,
  series =       {LNCS},
  month =        sep,
  pages =        {141--160},
  year =         1997
}

A recent paper on Auburn based on random-access lists:

[3]

@InProceedings{mos99a,
  author =       {Graeme E. Moss and Colin Runciman},
  title =        {Automated Benchmarking of Functional Data Structures},
  booktitle =    {Proceedings of PADL'99},
  series =       {LNCS},
  year =         1999,
  note =         {To be published.}
}

Neither [2] nor [3] include references to a decision tree inducer,
though [3] contains a decision tree hand-made from the experiments of
[3] that is very similar to the tree induced recently.

Graeme.