Simon Marlow wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Martin Erwig) wrote,
> > I am wondering what is the best way (in terms of > easy-to-use and
> > easy-to-install) to use a parser for Haskell in Hugs. [...]
>
> Our Haskell parser library works fine with Hugs: [...] It's not quite
> complete (it doesn't do fixity resolution, for example), it'll
> probably do what you want.  This parser was the prequel to GHC's new
> Happy-based parser.

A possible route to get a "real-world" (i.e. well debugged and
complete H98) module AST would be:

   * Throw all files needed by GHC's parser together in a subdir.

   * Remove everything GHC-specific, e.g. lexing the .hi stuff.

   * Track changes to the relevant sources in the CVS in AST. This
     should be very tedious, because those parts of GHC are quite
     stable by now.

The only tricky point is dealing correctly with infix ops in the
presence of the module system. Any *easy* suggestions for this?

Perhaps if I have some spare time... (Hmmm, not very probable at the
moment, the weather in Munich is too nice... :-)   But I wouldn't mind
if somebody else volunteered.

Cheers,
   Sven
--
Sven Panne                                        Tel.: +49/89/2178-2235
LMU, Institut fuer Informatik                     FAX : +49/89/2178-2211