Martin> I am wondering what is the best way (in terms of
Martin> easy-to-use and easy-to-install) to use a parser
Martin> for Haskell in Hugs. As far as I know the parsers
Martin> by Sven Panne and Manuel Chakravarty require ghc.

There is also `lucky`, a parser generator using parser
combinators. It's compatible with happy 0.9, but the resulting parsers
are much smaller. A `lucky` file for Haskell 1.3 is available (it's
part of Norbert Kloses masters thesis). You can find it in
http://www.ki.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de/persons/marko/marko.html

Marko