Marko Schuetz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> ... It has taken the Haskell community quite some time to
> switch to liberal licenses. IIRC only Hugs used to come
> with a license at all, neither hbc, ghc nor nhc used to
> have one for quite some time.

GHC has always had a "liberal license", it just wasn't
written down :-) There has never been a whisper of any other
terms than "it's freely available, and we'd be delighted if
you used it".

I think we mostly just followed Lennart Augustsson's example
with LML/HBC -- after all, we stole lots of other good ideas
from those guys, why not their "licensing" :-?

The need is "more libraries", not "groovier licenses".

Will
(ex-GHC person)