On 29-Mar-2000, Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Wed, 29 Mar 2000 15:00:46 +1000, Manuel M. T. Chakravarty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>pisze:
>
> > > 6) Add HsBool with a mapping to an arbitrary integral C type, see Fergus'
> > >    point about a Haskell API. (Should we guarantee that False maps to 0 and
> > >    True to something <>0?)
> >
> > We don't make any guarantees for the mapping of Haskell _values_
> > to C _values_ for any other type.
>
> Of course we do. (HsInt)42 means 42 and nothing else.

I guess this implies that Haskell implementations that use tags
on Ints (e.g. to distinguish non-pointers from pointers, for GC)
must apply a conversion to get from Haskell `Int' to C `HsInt' or vice versa.
Fair enough...

--
Fergus Henderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  |  "I have always known that the pursuit
PGP: finger [EMAIL PROTECTED]        |     -- the last words of T. S. Garp.